Friday, April 22, 2016

Coach Operator Jay Griggs has the Write Stuff


Coach Operator and author, Jay Griggs poses with his book at a recent book signing.
We all have a story to tell, but how many of us can say their story has been published and is now available for purchase on Amazon.com?

Our bus driver Jay Griggs can say that!

His first book, “The Adventures of Duck Poo Island,” has 26 five-star reviews on Amazon.com and he’s already working on his second book. 

The book is a story about two best friends who vow to stay friends despite the odds that promise to divide them. The setting of the story is inspired by a family trip to Green Lake, a couple of pedal boats and a little island. Jay’s book is published by Page Publishing in New York, a partnership he cherishes as they “handle the business end of things, so I can focus on the creative side.” 

Jay credits his mom, Alice, and his favorite teacher, Mrs. Allen, for “instilling in me the love for reading and the passion for writing.” 

Image of book cover for The Adventures of Duck Poo Island by Jay Griggs
The support Jay has received from his co-workers helped increase his fan base, which was very influential in securing next steps for his writing career.

“The turnout at my book signing was amazing. Community Transit has been very supportive, especially, Chris Beck and Emmett Heath for allowing me to do a pre-order sale of my book at work. My co-workers supported me by purchasing copies of my book,” Jay said.

“Working at Community Transit gave me the job security and income that I needed to allow me to pursue my dreams and I’m grateful!” 

You can find Jay’s book available in paperback and for Kindle on Amazon.com. When he’s not writing, Jay can be found driving his favorite Routes 201, 202, 130 and a couple of round trips on Route 196. 

No comments:

Post a Comment