Many people run to catch their bus, but some also dash off the bus to get where they need to go. In that bustle, they sometimes leave stuff behind. At Community Transit, we average about 650 lost and found items per month. That’s up to 8,000 items a year.
So, what do we do with the pot?
Reunited And It Feel So Good
- If you left your item on a Community Transit or Snohomish County Sound Transit bus, contact the RideStore to see if your item has been found. Call (425) 348-2350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lost and found items can be picked up at the RideStore the next business day after 12:00 p.m.
- When you call, be prepared to identify your item (color, stickers, brand name, etc.).
- If you lost an item at Everett Station, check with the station’s Customer Service Center.
- If you lost an item on the Sounder Train, call (888) 889-6398. Select the “Sounder” option and then select “Lost & Found.”
- Lost items are held in Lost in Found for 30 days, then they are destroyed or donated.
- Bikes are held offsite for a total of 10 days before being turned over to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Property Room. When claiming a bike, you’ll need to set-up a time for pick-up. Appointments are available weekdays between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. by calling (425) 348-2350.
- Check your seat before getting off the bus and make sure you have all your belongings.
- If you think you’ve lost something on one of our buses, give us a call!