The 13-foot wide Transit Only shoulder lane is located on two specific stretches of southbound I-405:
- Between Highway 527 (Canyon Park exit) and NE 195th Street; and
- Between Highway 522 and NE 160th Street
Rules of the Road
- Buses will use the shoulder lane only during the weekday morning commute (6-9 a.m.)
- Buses will use the shoulder lane only when regular traffic is running substantially slower than posted speeds.
- Buses will flash their hazard lights when operating on the shoulder to alert other vehicles.
- When traffic is running at or close to posted speeds, buses will use the right-hand general purpose traffic lane.
- If there is a stalled vehicle or another obstruction blocking the shoulder lane, buses will use the right-hand general purpose lane.